The Rugby Palace Cinema on upper floor of Town hall in High Street. First appears as Vint's Palace Cinema in Rugby Directory, 1913. Building burned down on 30th January 1921. 1920 [The Town Hall had since start of 20th Century been he Benn Building further down the street on the opposite side. Also, though the building caught fire it certainly wasn't burnt down, after repairs it opened as Woolworths in 1923.]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: T, 725.824 9, img: 6180
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.