Tansey's factory in Corporation Street, Nuneaton. The firm began in 1886 making 'latch needles' for hosiery manufacturers. After 1914 most of the employees were young girls. The normal weekly output in the 50s was 150,000 needles. The factory was bought in 1957 by NCB. 1910s
IMAGE LOCATION: (Nuneaton Library) IMAGE DATE: (c.1910)
Reference: Nuneaton Library, 251, img: 4070
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.