High Street, Bidford on Avon, looking east from White Lion public house. 1899[On the right - hand side is a carcass of meat outside a butcher's shop, which was established in 1840, at one time owned and run by Mr. George Winnett. It was taken over by Mr. Charles Hunt in the early 1930's, followed by his son Rowland Hunt until the shop closed in 1970.The shop became part of the adjoining White Lion Hotel, the metal meat hanging rail remains to this day.]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
Reference: PH, 21/36, img: 8219
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.