Tysoe/Edge Hill Royal Observer Corps Post
The site of a Royal Observer Corps Post established in the Modern Period to identify and track enemy aircraft. It was located 500m southwest of Spring Hill.
1 The site of a Royal Observer Corps Post established in or before January 1938 to identify and monitor enemy aircraft. It was named Post 2 of Cluster J in 12 Group. In December 1952 it had the same location but had been re-named Post 4, Cluster F in 3 Group, and was described as ‘permanent in place’. In November 1953 it was under another title of Post 4, cluster P. 3 Group, still at the same location. In March 1961 it changed location and an underground ‘Cold War’ Post was built [WA9563] which was in operation from 1963.