Steam engine E & W J. R. 0-6-0 No.4, built by Beyer Peacock (Manchester) in 1885 and withdrawn from service and scrapped in 1930. Engine pictured standing in Stratford Old Town station in the early 1890s.
[The correct location of this photograph is the A4390 Seven Sisters roundabout by Greenways car park and Old Town Mews. This was the site of the Midland Junction Railway Station. The road is in fact built on the old trackbed.]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
Reference: PH, 352/172/449, img: 2775
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.