Thick Thorn House, Lower Shuckburgh. This house was built by the Shuckburgh family. The horse chestnut trees lining the lane going up the hill (known as Mill Hill), were planted by the Shuckburgh family in 1897, to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. The lane is now called Jubilee Avenue. 1920s
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
Reference: PH, 352/160/3, img: 2493
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.