The Red Lion Inn, Rugby. The Red Lion Inn was at one time owned by Richard Elborowe, one of Rugby's philanthropists. The father of Richard Elborowe purchased the property from William Holden in 1645. In 1926 the inn was demolished to make way for a more up to date and imposing structure for the owners Messrs. Suffields Ltd. Birmingham. See Rugby Advertiser, April 2nd 1926. 1910s
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: T, 725.72, img: 6170
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.