Lloyd's Bank in Church Street, Rugby. This building was opened in 1903. From 1840 until 1903 the business was carried on in a house in Church Street which had previously been a Rugby School boarding house. From circa 1794 - 6 until 1840 the business was carried on in an alcove of the drapery establishment of Mrs Ann Butlin, who had purchased the Rugby Bank from Mr Samuel Clay. This bank was incorporated with Lloyd's Banking Co. in 1868. 1900s
See - Treen - Records of Old Rugby and Rugby Advertiser, 1903.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: T, 725.24.14, img: 6407
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.