Portrait of John Moultrie who was born on December 31st 1799. He was Rector of Rugby from 1825 to 1874. During his incumbency Holy Trinity Church was built (consecrated 1874) and he wrote a long poem relating to the building of the church, called "Rugby Church Builders". He and his wife are buried close to the north door of Holy Trinity Church. 1860s
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library) PEOPLE IN PHOTO: Moultrie, John, Moultrie as a surname
Reference: T, B MOU, img: 7685
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.