The River Leam at Leamington Spa. 1920s
[It has been pointed out that this cannot be the 1920's. The Parish Church, left, is lacking its present tower(completed in 1902; there is no sign of the Mill suspension bridge(opened in 1903); the long roof below the church can only be Leamington Mill, the chimney can just be made out on screen. This was all demolished in 1899.
The view is from the Willes Bridge. The dense overhanging foliage was encouraged in order to block views of the Mill from Jephsons gardens]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Leamington Library)
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.