A short distance from Kings Newnham, on the road to Little Lawford, is a small cottage containing an old bath. This was long known as "The Wells", and is spoken of in the trial of Captain Donnellan. The waters were in great repute in the reign of Elizabeth and subsequently Dr. Bayley, a physician at the time of Elizabeth, and who attended her majesty, wrote an account in 1582 of its healing properties. 1900s
See - Wait -Rugby: Past and Present p.247. Medicinal Baths at Newnham Regis. 1900s
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: W, KIN, img: 7812
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.