Work in progress in excavation of railway cutting, Harbury. c.1869
[It is thought that this picture shows the quarry siding and limekiln construction. The cutting and railway was opened in 1852 after the origonal tunnel collapsed in 1849. Brunel was brought to the site to see if the project could be rescued after the disaster]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire Museums. Photographic Collections.)
Reference: A, 3078, img: 8037
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.