An old thatched cottage with people around, Bishops Tachbrook. 1900s
[This photograph was taken in 1908. The girls in the background are sisters and were born in the Dairy Farm (8 Savages Close which is the tiled house behind the cottages).This farm was always in the family of the Commanders. The tall girl in the white apronwas a servant who worked in the farmhouse. After the first world war the farm declined and the land was sold off. The three sisters were eventually reunited back in the Close and lived together until they passed away. Their kitchen was origonally the milking parlour and the floor sloped to the middle and still had the drainage channel. Anyone unfamiliar with this always fell over on their first visit!]
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire Museums. Photographic Collections.)
Reference: C, 8104, img: 4541
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.