Wootton Wawen Aqueduct
The site of Wootton Wawen aqueduct, a structure to carry the canal over the road. It was built in the Imperial period. The aqueduct is built of cast iron and is situated 600m south east of the church, Wootton Wawen.
1 A cast iron trough aqueduct resting on brick piers and abutments. It carries the Stratford on Avon Canal over the main Stratford-Birmingham road (A34). It was built between 1812 and 1816 and it is still in good and original condition having recently received all necessary attention to the trough and the brickwork when the canal was restored by the present owners. Scheduled as Warwickshire Monument No 132.
2 Aqueduct in very good condition.
3 Photographed in 1980.
5 In 1812 William Charles bought the Upper Avon Navigation and took charge of construction.