Warwick Castle Stables
The stables at Warwick Castle were built between 1768 and 1771 and are constructed of sandstone. They now hold the ticket office and form the entrance to Warwick Castle.
1 Stable buildings were constructed in Castle Street in 1768-71. The stable is sandstone built, two storeys high, seven bays wide with an E-shaped plan. The central pedimented bay projects slightly and has a window and arched opening. Other windows have rectangular leaded lights. The roof is hipped and covered with old tiles. This building is now used as a ticket office.
2 Listed Building description.
3 Archaeological Evaluation in advance of the construction of a new ticket kiosk south of the castle stables located the remains of Castle Street. A probably truncated series of 17th/18th century street surfaces overlaid a late Medieval make up layer which itself sealed earlier features that were not investigated. Unlikely that development proposals will have any significant effect on the surviving remains.