The Tilted Wig public house, Market Place, Warwick
Historic public house formerly the Green Dragon, a coaching inn, situated at the south east end of the Market Place.
1 Tilted Wig public house, Market Place, Warwick.
Historic public house, formerly known by the much better name the Green Dragon. The original name was recorded as early as 1636 and lasted until 1977 when new names were tried, first the Oken Atrms, then the Kingmaker (info from John Crossling’s History of Warick pubs website). The current name only dates from 1989. Situated at the south east end of the market place. Listed building record (DWA5122) gives a date of early C18. Cellars associated with the public house were excavated, and MWA12460 gives the information that the coaching inn dated back to at least 1805, and the premises have been licensed since 1694.