Stratford Cemetery, Evesham Road
Stratford cemetery which dates back to the Imperial period. It is situated in Evesham Road and retains much of its 19th century character. Recommended for inclusion on Local List by Lovie.
1 Cemetery opened 1881, grounds designed by Wood & Kendrick of Birmingham and laid out by Lister Kershaw. Central avenue with sweeping subsidiary paths. Well maintained mature planting. Structures included chapel and lodge by Thomas Allen. Cemetery has military section (Canadian Air Force) and has recently been extended to south. Recommended for inclusion on Local List.
2 The chapel has been adapted in the 20th century, but remains a visual focus. The cemetery is well maintained, retains much of its 19th century character, and includes monuments to several prominent local figures. [Photo included].
3 The OS 1:10560 1886 Sht Warks 44NW shows the original extent of the cemetery.