St. Nicholas Park, Warwick
Site on former St. Nicholas meadow. Formal paths and bedding areas to west, less formal area to east beyond St. John's brook. Recommended for inclusion on Local List by Lovie
1 2 St. Nicholas Park, Warwick.
Lovie reports that the site was acquired by the Borough Council in 1928 when the common rights over the meadow were extinguished. Park opened in 1933.
Formal paths, bedding areas to west; less formal area to east beyond St. John’s brook.
Lovie comments that the site survives well; formal bedding maintained, bowling greens, tree planting, stream thatched café/pavilion. New Sports Centre to north east, all-weather pitches with lighting, War Memorial avenue of beech trees west-east.