St Nicholas' Mill, Warwick
St Nicholas' Mill, the remains of a watermill which dates from the Post Medieval period. Cottages associated with the mill still survive, and are located in the Recreation Ground, Warwick.
1 The mill is recorded in 1713 and 1772. Information on ownership exists for the 19th century. St John’s brook flowed into a large mill pond south of St John’s house, in the area now occupied by St Nicholas Park. Although the mill buildings were still standing, the mill pond had been drained by 1886. Some cottages in the recreation ground by the river are the remains of the mill buildings, and the stream still flows beneath one of them. The site of the pond is now a car park.