Site of Post Medieval Manor House to N of Church, Honiley.
Old Honiley Hall, a Post Medieval manor house. Much of the building was demolished during the Imperial period and a new house was built on a different site. Two service wings of the original manor house do survive. The site is located north east of the church.
1 Old Honiley Hall was a large house probably built by Roger Burgoyne (1625-36). It was demolished c1820 and the present hall was built on a new site in 1914.
2 The Old Hall immediately N of the church. Two 17th century service wings survive.
3 Drawing by Beighton shows the house, gardens, fishpond, church, offices etc., and from this the hall is sited at the above grid reference. There is no surface indication of the Hall. The service wings are now private residences.
5 On the site of the Old Hall a new fishpond was being constructed and this has brought to the surface a large number of bricks. The site is probably now totally destroyed.
6 Site visit in 1955.