Site of Post Medieval Manor House
The site of a Post Medieval manor house which was demolished in 1972. The manor house was situated 500m north west of the church at Haseley.
1 Date 1561 and built by Clement Throckmorton. The oldest part is L-shaped, the main block facing S and the wing extending to the S at the E end. The house was enlarged more than once in the C18 when E and W wings were added.
2 Plan of the house.
3 Photograph of the exterior.
4 The house is derelict and in a dilapidated condition.
5 It was demolished in 1972. In 1983 the stables/outhouse were still standing as was the majority of the garden wall while a large barn complex stands on the site of the manor house.
6 Very brief history of the manor from documentary sources.