Site of Medieval Pillory by the Town Hall
Documentary evidence suggests that this was the site of a Medieval pillory, a wooden frame through which the head and hands of the offender were clamped, inviting ridicule. The site is at the intersection of High Street and Sheep Street. Stratford upon Avon.
1 The pillory stood at the crossing at the Town Hall, between High Street and Chapel Street in 1328.