Site of Medieval Church of St Leonard, Charlecote.
The site of the Church of St Leonard which was built during the Medieval period. It was replaced by the existing church in 1851. It was situated 350m north east of Charlecote Park house.
1 The church of Charlecote was given to the friary of Thelsford by Sir William de Lucy in 1214. It seems to have been originally a chapel dependent on the church of Hampton Lucy.”The only piece of reused construction appears to be the roof of the organ chamber. This has a barrel-vaulted ceiling with panels, moulded ribs, and carved bosses of the 15th century, probably from the former chancel”.
2 The Church was entirely rebuilt in 1851 in Decorated style in 1851-3 by John Gibson.