Site of Convent Priory of St Scholastica, Atherstone
The site of the Convent Priory of St Scholastica, a priory dating to the Imperial period. The site was located north of Church Walk, Atherstone.
1 St Scholastica’s Priory, at the E end of Atherstone. 1837-41 by J A Hansom. Elizabethan style. Large extension, also by Hansom, in 1857-8. The refectory, the infirmary, and more by Edward J Hansom, 1873. The chapel is of the 1857-8 campaign, but much of the residential part is still in the state of 1837-41.