Shipston Market Hall
The site of Shipston market hall which was built during the Post Medieval period. It was situated 100m north of the Post Office.
1 In the centre of the north end of the High Street, stood a half-timbered, free-standing building, dated to the 16th century, called The Range. Directly to the east of this building stood the 23ft square Market Hall.
2 The Market Hall was still standing in 1862, long after the adjoining Butchers Shambles and The Range had disappeared and well into the age of photography, yet no photograph, sketch or description can be found. It may be assumed that like other buildings of this nature known in neighbouring counties, Shipston Market Hall was a two storeyed building, open at the bottom for the reception of market stalls.