Possible Deserted Settlement 100m S of Warmington Church
The possible site of a Medieval deserted settlement. The site is located 100m south of the church at Warmington. It is suggested by documentary evidence but no earthworks are visible in this area.
1 Area centred on SP4147 site of deserted village marked on Beighton’s map, 1722-25. Not listed by Beresford in ‘Deserted Villages of Warwickshire’. Site as indicated now traversed by a major road. There are no surface indications of depopulation in the area. Air photographs negative.
2 There is nothing left of the village at the above site.
3 Beighton’s map is not sufficiently accurate to be certain that this is the location of ‘Old Town’. See PRN 612 for a more probable site.