Old School House, Borrowell Lane, Kenilworth
The Old School House, built in 1724, as a free school for the children of the parish. It is situated in Borrowell Lane, Kenilworth.
1 Old School House, in Borrowell Lane, is a pleasant example of a small Georgian house of two stories, built in 1724 of red brick on a splayed plinth of red sandstone ashlar. The roof is tiled with a cornice of moulded bricks at eaves level. The lower windows have flat-gauged brick arches with stone keystones. There is a central doorway with a tablet above which reads as follows: ‘This house and school was built by Mr. Williams Edwards, Churigeon of Kenilworth and Mary his wife and endowed with twenty and two pounds Pr.Ann.for ye benefit of a Free School for the children of this Parish A.D. 1724.’
2 Listed Building description.