Offchurch Medieval Settlement
The possible extent of the medieval settlement based on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886, excluding the areas of medieval activity, WA4624 and WA4625.
1 The possible extent of the medieval settlement based on the OS map of 1886, 34SW.
2 Offchurch is not listed in Domesday.
3 The 1886 map shows a dispersed settlement lying along a network of roads to the east and southeast of the Leam. There is no clear boundary hedge and only a small area of ridge and furrow survival abutting the settlement to the north which the mapdata displays. The church [WA2213] dates from the medieval period, as does the mill [WA2214], and WA1361 is the possible site of a medieval well. The earliest mention of the Manor of Offchurch was in 1267 in connection with the confirmation of the foundation of Coventry priory.