Marston Doles Wharf, Priors Marston
The site of Marston Doles Wharf, a canal wharf, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods. It was located north of the lock, and is marked on the Ordnance Survey maps of 1884 and 1905.
1 The OS 1884 6″ map shows a wharf in this position.
2 The 25″ OS of 1905 shows a wharf at this point. This is to the east of the canal and south of the road, and appears to be a largish complex with two buildings.
3 Shown on 1927 OS 6″.
4 The complex consists of 2×2-storey canal cottages in red brick; a yellow brick one-storey stable block and a two-storeywarehouse with blue brick decoration dated (?) 1865, with an opening over the canal. There is a small basin. The buildings are generally in original condition and appear to be domestic dwellings and farm buildings.