Holy Well to N of Burton Dassett Church
A holy well with a well house situated beside the path to the north of All Saints' Church. The well may be of Post Medieval date, and the well house was built in 1840 in the Grecian style.
1 Near the church is a ‘holy well’ with a well house built in 1840.
2 A well situated in a stone chamber, inside which is the mutilated date 34, probably representing 1534.
3 The inscription with the date of the building is barely legible and the date within could not be found.
4 Ironstone ashlar. Grecian style. Central doorway, partly below ground level, has steps down to well. Shaped lintel with illegible inscription and roundels of carved flowers.
5 Diagram of inscription given from a drawing made before weathering. Gives date of wellhead rebuild as 1860.