Holy Trinity Church, Long Itchington
Holy Trinity Church originating in the 1100's. Alterations were made to the building in subsequent years, with the best work being carried out in the 1400's. The church is situated in Church Road, Long Itchington.
1 Chancel, nave, S aisle, W tower, N porch, and a vestry. Early 13th century S aisle; chancel, nave and tower built in early 14th century, clearstorey added to nave in 15th century, when the nave arcade was rebuilt. Modern porch and vestry. Restored 1928. Of roughly-coursed limestone rubble with red sandstone dressings.
3 Drawing of c 1820.
4 Mouldings of doorway in S aisle can hardly be later than 1190; W and S lancets a little later. The best work is of c1300 – chancel N and S windows, S aisle E window etc. Finely-carved tomb-recesses, sedilia, double piscina, Easter sepulchre and chancel arch. 14th century screen. W tower has the stump of a spire blown down in 1762.
5 Listed Building description.
6 OS card.
7 Church Guidebook.
8 Letter re proposed levelling work.