Hampton Lucy Bridge
Hampton Lucy Bridge, an iron bridge constructed in the Imperial period. It crosses the Avon to the east of the village.
1 At the E end of the village an iron bridge of single span crosses the river. It was cast at the Horseley Ironworks in Shropshire in 1829 at the expense of the Rev. John Lucy. It replaced a ford and wooden causeway for foot passengers, but that there had been an earlier bridge here is evident from the statement in the inventory of church goods, 1552, that the parishioners had lately sold a bell for the maintenance of their bridge.
2 The masonry at each end consists of five pointed arches between simple stone piers.
4 Plan deriving from an application for listed building consent for repairs are in the the FI file.
5 Copy of the actual application in 4.