Folly Wharf, off Folly Lane, Napton
The site of Folly Wharf, a canal wharf, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods during the Imperial period. It was located 75m west of the Folly Wharf Bridge, and was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1927.
1 “Folly Wharf” is marked on the 6″ OS at the above NGR.
2 The only evidence of a wharf here is the small redbrick stable block, now a BWB store. There is also a large lockkeeper’s house.