Excavation of Earthworks E of Gramer Cottages
A bank and ditch visible as earthworks are Medieval in date. The earthworks are situated 30m east of Mancetter Road, Mancetter.
1 1955: A section was cut through the bank and ditch which is clearly visible east of the Almshouses. Cut into the upper layer of the Roman fort ditch was a ditch with a palisade trench behind it, which had been filled in the late 15th century and apparently represents a ditch and palisade surrounding the Medieval village and following the old line of the bank. There may have been two ditches outside this palisade.