Church of St Nicholas, Warwick
The Church of St Nicholas was largely rebuilt between 1779 to 1780. A vestry was added between 1824 and 1826. The chancel was rebuilt 1869. This church replaces one of Medieval date. It stands in Warwick.
1 Nave, N and S aisles, chancel, W tower and spire, and vestry. The tower and spire of the old church were retained; they had been rebuilt c1750, perhaps by Job Collins. The new church, in the Gothic style, was by Thomas Johnson of Warwick. The simple nave with its high aisles is approximately square in plan, with a hipped roof culminating in a cupola. A vestry was added in 1824-6 and the chancel rebuilt in 1869.
2 Tower dates from 1748, but was probably refaced when the church was rebuilt in 1779-80. Chancel by John Gibson, 1869-70.
3 Listed Building description.