Church of St Leonard, Spernall
The church of St Leonard was originally built during the Medieval period. The church was largely restored in the Imperial period. It is situated in Spernall.
1 Chancel, nave and S porch used as a vestry. The chancel is entirely modern, but the chancel arch is 12th century and some masonry on the side walls of the nave could be of the same date. The old windows in the side walls are 14th century and there appears to have been a W extension – a bell cote(?) – at about this time. The church was restored in 1844. The church is first recorded, as a chapelry of Coughton, at the end of the 12th century.
3 The church is now disused and in use as a workshop.
5 Correspondence concerning change in use of the church.
6 D.A.C. report from 1976.
7 Undated photographs.
8 Notes from a site visit in 1983.
9 Undated notes on Spernall and on the church.