Church of St John the Baptist, Honiley
The Parish Church of St John the Baptist. It was built during the Post Medieval period and survives largely unchanged today. It is situated at Honily, west of Honiley Hall.
1 Nave (11.6 M x 6 M), chancel (a half-round apse) and W tower. Built in 1723. Inscription on the tower reads: AD GLORIAM DEI IOHANNES SANDERS: ARM: PROPRIIS SUMPTIBUS HANC ECCLESIAM AEDIFICAVIT ANNO SALUTIS: MDCCXXIII.
2 Of fine white stone. The W tower (with short spire) is exceptionally bold and exceptionally Baroque. Arched windows (also round windows in the tower) and pilasters. C18 furnishings.
3 Originally private chapel of Honiley Hall. Probably by Francis Smith of Warwick. Small Baroque church largely unaltered.
4 Noted by Ordnance Survey.