Church of St James, Alveston
The Church of St James was built in 1839 to replace a church on another site. It is located 150m north east of Hemingford House Youth Hostel, Alveston.
1 Chancel with N and S chapels, nave, S porch and W tower. Built in 1839. Bells of 17th and 18th century; S chapel has a dado of 17th century panelling.
2 1839 by W Walker; typical of the date, with lancets and many thin buttresses. The E end with its side chapels of 1876.