Church of St Gregory, Offchurch
The Church of St Gregory, originally Medieval, with alterations through to the Imperial period. The church is situated 275m south east of The Grove, Offchurch.
1 Chancel with N vestry, nave with S porch, and W tower. Early 12th century nave; owing to the failure of the foundations the chancel arch collapsed and had to be reconstructed, apparently in the 14th century, with the addition of buttresses. The chancel seems to have been partly rebuilt at the same time and perhaps lengthened, and a S doorway and porch erected. 15th century tower. Nave roof reconstructed late 16th century. Massive buttress to N wall of nave may be late 15th or 16th century; it blocked the early 12th century N doorway, which was uncovered in 1833. Chancel almost entirely rebuilt 1866; parts of a stone coffin were found in the walls, also the round heads of two small windows, which were set in the N and S walls when rebuilt. Combined vestry and organ chamber built 1898. Nave windows and chancel E window
3 Photograph and drawing.
4 Graveyard survey.