Church of St Giles, Gaydon
The parish church of St Giles, built in the Imperial period on the site of a Medieval chapel. The church is situated immediately east of the Post Office, Gaydon.
1 The parish church was erected in 1852. It is a small building of ashlar in the 14th century style, consisting of a chancel, nave and a N aisle with a tower at its W end. It contains no ancient features except a bell. The chapel at Gaydon is recorded in 1284.
2 Gaydon church was erected on the site of an ancient chapel. In the churchyard is an old stone coffin of the 13th century, discovered when the old chapel was demolished.
3 An illustration inside the church shows the old church, comprising a nave with bellcote and chancel. The windows were of the 15th century and 16th century. The coffin is in the churchyard to the S side of the church.
4 Listed Building Description.