Chapel at Compton Verney
The chapel at Compton Verney, built in the 1772 in the Italian Classic style, to replace the Medieval parish church. It now houses the 16th century memorials which were formally kept in the original church.
1 Built in 1772 by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown. A plain rectangle with arched windows, a Venetian E window, and a front with niches and pediments. The bellcote may be by Gibson. Monuments to the Verney family from the 16th century onwards.
2 Built in the Italian Classic style. The windows used to contain 16th century stained glass from the Medieval church but this has been removed.
4 Noted on OS Card.