Broom Court, Bidford on Avon.
Broom Court, a Medieval/Post Medieval Manor House and an associated moat, a wide ditch usually surrounding a building. The moat was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886, and is still partially survives as an earthwork. It is 1.5km north west of Bidford on Avon.
1 The site of a former manor house. Broom Court was built by Sir Simon Clarke about 1618. It was later burnt out and the shell of the present house is probably original but the details are no earlier than the mid 18th century. E and N of the house are the remains of a moat.
3 The moat is in generally good condition though the W arm is being gradually filled in. The moat was fed by a sluice and channel leading in from the E.
6 Moat shown on OS 1:10560 1886 Sht Warks 43SW.