Arrow Mill, a watermill whose origins lie in the Medieval period. It remained in use until the 20th Century. The building is situated 500m south of the church at Arrow.
1 A mill was mentioned in 1086 and 1210. Nothing else is known of its early history. Information on ownership exists for the 19th and early 20th century. The mill ceased to operate in 1962 and was converted into an inn. The milling machinery was removed, but the waterwheel, gearing and stones from Bubbenhall Mill (PRN 2826) were later installed for show purposes. The buildings date from the 18th and 19th centuries and have been altered.
3 Photographed in 1979.
4 Arrow Mill produced flour until c1921 when it was converted to use rollers rather than stones and turbines (and later a gas engine) instead of a waterwheel, for the production of animal feed.
5 Information about condition of the mill in 1964.