All Saints Church, Leek Wootton
The parish church of All Saints, Leek Wootton. It was built during the Imperial period on the site of a Medieval church. It is located 75m west of Warwick Road.
1 Chancel, nave, W tower, vestry, and S porch. The old church was pulled down in 1789 and the present church built on the site in the Gothic style near the close of the 18th century. New chancel 1843, roof raised in 1864, nave lengthened 1889. No trace of the earlier church remains, but in the churchyard is a 12th century tapered circular font and part of a stone coffin.
2 1792 with a chancel of 1889.
3 Listed building record.
4 An area 10m by 12m was observed during top soil stripping of an area adjacent to the church. Build-up material possibly from c1790s was observed. There was no sign of the DMV.
5 A watching brief was carried out during the removal of parts of the floor in the church. A number of features of the medieval precursor to the present church were recorded. The foundations of a stone wall were recorded, corresponding to the demolished east wall of the tower. A floor of medieval tiles, some with yellow glaze, was recorded underneath the present floor of the north aisle.