Abandoned Canal Arm, Ansty

Description of this historic site

The site of a disused canal, a waterway used for transporting goods. It dated to the Imperial period, was part of the Oxford Canal, and is visible as a ditch. It was located 250m west of the Church of St James, Ansty.

Notes about this historic site

1 This short, waterfilled, N-S oriented ditch is part of the Oxford Canal; it was abandoned before 1834.

More from Ansty
More from Canals