Photography Fieldcraft With Simon Watts
29 April 10:00am - 1:00pm at Brandon Marsh Nature Centre, Brandon Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 3GW
Join professional wildlife cameraman Simon Watts for a session exploring the skills needed for both still and motion camerawork
Each session will cover:
- What are field skills?
- The power of using of field skills in the application of camerawork.
- What camera?
- Getting to know your patch.
- Lay of the land and light – knowing your East and West.
- Recognising seasonal changes, routines, cycles and habitat – and preparation for them.
- Basic tracks and signs.
- Active or Passive Camerawork?
- Being acutely aware of ‘the moment’.
- Knowing your subject – pre-empting and planning.
- Ethical use of lures and some luring techniques.
- Clothing and movement.
- Hides – natural, bought and positioning.
- Turning ‘record’ shots into something more.
- Depth of field.
- The ‘low’ down – benefits of good positioning.
- Using social media for your own benefit.
- Gentle walk to apply some elements ‘in the field’
CategoriesEvents for adults